TPFREP (Terminal Performance Report)
TPFREP 3.0 based on D.00B directory was developed by SMDG several years ago. Hapag-Lloyd started implementation in 2008 followed by CMA CGM and other carriers as of 2011.
Currently 86 terminals worldwide are sending the EDI message version 3.0
TPFREP 4.0 based on D.11B directory was published by SMDG in October 2012. Summary of Changes:
• Improved message structure.
• All temporary qualifiers and codes replaced by codes officially approved by UN/CEFACT.
• Out of Gauge and Temperature Controlled cargo can be reported separately.
• Breakbulk cargo per Operator can now be reported.
As per October 2016, some 20 terminals worldwide are preparing TPFREP 4.0 implementation. Productive usage is slowly increasing. ECT Rotterdam and Cartagena ready to go live.
TPFREP as describe above and within a certain carrier / terminal process is not only be used for Terminal performance reporting, but also for stream lining Carrier and terminal financial relationship. Few carriers have been using it such as HLL, CMA CGM, HSD, UASC…but further work by the subcommittee should be done to with the TPFREP Subcommittee to:
- Define business requirements for the evolution required
- Define motivation to have main terminal groups applying it
- Define proper inventory of actual business process to emit the format and target business process for the IT/ solution provider to develop the necessary common tools in their roadmaps.
The workgroup consists of the following SMDG members::
- Michael Schroeder (Hapag Lloyd) - Chairman
- Marc Jordens (HSD)
- Boudewijn de Kievit (ECT)
- Jeroen Muis (Copas)
- Emmanuel Odartey (TEC)
- Patrick Straka, (MSK)
- Heidi Stemler (HHLA)
- Wendy Jamarillo (NAVIS)
- Arthur Touzot, (SMDG/ATSea Consulting)
If you wish to join the workgroup, please send your request to Michael Schroeder
Further documentation can be found in TPFREP